The CloudRAN IRU was designed by Eurecom. Today, TELMAT Industrie is the only provider able to supply it to customers.
General description of the IRU
A CloudRAN RRU, or IRU, consists of the following main components :
- Pico-ITX or smaller motherboard (UP-board, UP2)
- Baseband-to-RF radio units (USRP B200-mini)
- EURECOM-designed RF front-end circuit (25-27 dBm at the antenna port).
- Wiring for 1Gbit/s Ethernet with Power-over-Ethernet modules (PoE) to provide power to the radio units.
An additional 10 MHz frequency synchronization cable is also distributed to each RRU.
These modules can be used as:
- IF4p5 RRU (with UP or UP2)
- NFAPI PNF (with UP2)
- 5-10 MHz eNodeB (with UP2)
They are powered via PoE+ and require less than 20W. They can also be synchronized using methods that are part of the current OAI codebase.
Available on ref :
- a) IRU - LTE Band 7
- b) IRU - Band 38,
- c) IRU - Band 42/43
The price is set to 2.950 € VAT excluded per unit.
Customs and transportation fees will also be charged for a fixed price of 300 € VAT excluded.
More details here : CloudRAN IRU